Amazing almond flour keto waffles are crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside. They’re just as good as the real thing!
Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 15 min | Breakfast, Dessert | Gluten free, keto | Servings: 6 | Calories: 305 kcal | Carbs: 1 waffle 9g
Author: Wild Riot Collective
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (yes, a full tablespoon, not a typo!)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (226g/ 8 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter for the waffle maker
- berries or thick cream for topping if you desire (carbs info above doesn't include additions such as berries, whipped cream etc)
Plug your waffle maker in.
Set your oven to warm (150°F) and fit a baking sheet with a wire rack.
Place the baking sheet in the oven.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, stevia, and milk.
Gradually add the almond flour, whisking it in until the mixture is smooth.
If the batter seems very thick, add a little water, about 2 tablespoons.
Mix in the kosher salt and the baking soda.
Brush the waffle maker with melted butter.
Pour the batter into the waffle maker, using a scant 1/2 measuring cup per waffle and spreading the batter to the corners before closing the lid.
Cook until puffy and set, about 5 minutes.
When the first batch of waffles is ready, place the cooked waffles on the wire rack in the warm oven to keep them warm.
Brush the waffle maker with more melted butter and repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the batter is gone.
Serve the waffles immediately.
You can serve with berries or thick cream.