Updated: Jan 27
This delicious apple crumble incorporates sweet toasted walnuts creating an irresistible topping.
The low carb version (no sweetener, or a sugar-free sweetener) contains 14 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber, so 10 grams net carbs.
Prep Time 10 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Dessert | Gluten free, keto | Servings: 4 | Calories: 359kcal | Carbs: Per Serving (1/4) 20g
Author: Wild Riot Collective
- 2 medium Fuji apples, peeled, cored and sliced into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts, unsalted (or pecans)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or honey/ low-carb sweetener/ Stevia)
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Layer the apple slices in a square 9-inch baking dish, in one or two layers. You can also use four individual baking dishes.
In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix together the chopped walnuts, melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetener.
Using a rubber spatula, pour the mixture over the apples, spreading it evenly.
Bake the coated apples until the walnut topping is golden and the apples are tender, 25-30 minutes.
Divide the apple crumble among four plates.
Drizzle with the pan juices and serve.