This easy keto cheeseburger casserole is hearty and filling and makes a wonderful low carb alternative to a cheeseburger. You won’t miss the bun!
Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 15 min | Dinner, main course | Keto | Servings: 6 | Calories: 458 kcal | Carbs: per serving 4g
Author: Wild Riot Collective
- Olive oil spray for the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 907g/ 2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (170g/ 6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1 tablepsoon musta
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided (170g/ 6 oz)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a 2-quart baking dish with olive oil.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes and add the beef and the onions.
Cook, stirring to break up the beef, until the meat is browned and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
If there are liquids at the bottom of the skillet, drain the mixture and return it to the skillet. Stir in the kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic.
Cook, stirring, 1 more minute, then turn the heat off.
Stir in the mayonnaise, unsweetened ketchup, mustard, and 1 cup cheddar.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 15 minutes. Or, if your baking dish is broiler-safe, broil the casserole 6 inches below the heating element (not directly below) until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.