Tasty keto soft pretzels are made with modified Fathead dough. They are flavorful, chewy, and make a great low carb snack.
Prep Time 30 min | Cook Time 15 min | Breakfast, bread | Gluten free, keto | Servings: 4 | Calories: 378 kcal | Carbs: 1 pretzel 11g
Author: Wild Riot Collective
- 1 1/4 cups blanched finely ground almond flour (150g/ 5 oz) (it’s best to measure by weight)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella (170g/ 6 oz)
- 30g/ 1 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with
- 1 tsp of water, for egg wash
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, parmesan, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds.
Stir, microwave until completely melted (30-40 more seconds), and stir again.
Quickly add the almond flour mixture and the beaten egg, mix to incorporate, then knead until smooth.
Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a thin 18-inch rope, then shape the rope into a pretzel, as shown in the video.Brush the tops of the pretzels with the egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Bake the pretzels until golden brown, 15-18 minutes.