Updated: Jan 27, 2020
A rich, flavourful, intensely chocolatey keto chocolate pie, exquisite with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and walnuts if you desire.
Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 25 min | Dessert | Gluten free, keto | Servings: 8 | Calories: 142 kcal | Carbs: 1 slice 8g
Author: Wild Riot Collective
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Stevia glycerite (equals 2/3 cup sugar)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or brandy
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, ideally Dutch-processed (80 grams)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (14 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or a pinch of fine salt)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free if needed)
- walnuts if desired
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
Grease a 9- inch glass pie plate and line it with a circle of parchment paper and grease the parchment paper too.
In a large bowl, use a hand whisk to whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, stevia, and vanilla extract.
Use a fine-mesh strainer to gradually sift in the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
Whisk in the coconut flour, then the salt, baking powder and cut/ crushed walnuts if desired.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Loosely cover the edges of the pie with strips of foil.
Continue baking until the center is still wiggly but not completely liquid, about 10 more minutes.
Cool 2 hours in the pan on a wire rack, then 2 more hours in the fridge before slicing.
To slice, use a sharp, non-serrated knife. Run the blade under very hot water and wipe it with a clean kitchen towel between cuts. This will help prevent the knife from sticking and tearing the pie.
Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before enjoying