Updated: Jan 27, 2020
Delicious keto French toast, you can make it with a low carb bread (you can find it in our substitues section) or make your own toast with a coconut flour.
Time 20 min | Breakfast | Gluten free, keto | Servings: 1 | Calories: 502kcal | Carbs: Per Serving 11g
Author: Wild Riot Collective
Bread (you can use low carb bread from our "Substitute" section or make your own as below):
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equivalent of 1 tablespoon sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour (14g, 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter for frying
Prepare the bread:
Place the butter in a glass sandwich-size container and microwave until melted, about 50 seconds.
Mix in the vanilla, stevia, milk and egg and whisk until smooth.
Mix in the coconut flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
Use a small rubber spatula to spread the batter evenly in the container then microwave, uncovered, for 90 seconds.
Remove from the container to a cutting board, bottom side up, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Fry the bread:
Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the egg with the milk, and heat 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
Dip both sides of the keto bread in the egg mixture.
When butter begins to foam, add the soaked bread.
Cook over medium-low heat (not higher) until golden-brown, pressing on the middle of the bread with a spatula, 3-5 minutes per side.
Cut into two triangles and serve.